ADVANCE Recruitment Goals
From 2002 to 2008, NMSU was awarded $3.75 million to advance women academics in the sciences and engineering. The focus of this grant was to assist department heads in targeted departments with identifying, attracting and recruiting top-notch diverse faculty candidates for tenure-track positions in their departments. A number of different assistance mechanisms helped to facilitate this process, including supplemental start-up funds. Under this funding mechanism, ADVANCE matched the department/college contribution by two times the amount contributed up to a level of $50,000.
In the aftermath of the grant, ADVANCE can provide consultation to search committees in areas such as help in identifying and meeting with potential diverse candidates, assistance with advertising, and setting up meetings with other faculty.
Tools for Department Heads
- Search checklist and budget categories
- To be completed by NMSU targeted department heads who are planning to apply for ADVANCE matching start-up funds for a specific candidate.
- Recruitment agreement templates
- To be completed by NMSU targeted department heads who are slated to receive ADVANCE matching start-up funds for a specific candidate. This agreement must be completed and returned to ADVANCE in order to access ADVANCE funds.
- Department Head Resources